A look at the media coverage this year's Charter School Advocacy Day has picked up.
- Times Union, "Show unity for all state education," January 27. (Full text on NECSN site).
- Buffalo News, "Another Voice: State’s funding formula is unfair to charter schools," January 28.
Pre-Advocacy Day Articles
- POLITICO New York, "Two charter advocacy organizations plan lobbying day in Albany," December 22.
- Long Island Exchange, "Northeast Charter Schools Network and NYC Charter School Center Announce Kickoff for 2016 Joint Advocacy Day," December 22.
- Chalkbeat NY, "In a first, New York’s state ed commissioner will attend charter rally," January 29. Also appeared on Alternet.
- Empire State News, "Charter Schools Meet with Lawmakers," February 1.
- Glens Falls Post-Star, "Charter school advocates to rally for more funding in Albany," February 1.
Day-of and After
- Associated Press (via WRAL), "New York education chief to address charter school rally," February 2. Also appeared on SF Gate, Glens Falls Post-Star, Washington Times, San Antonio Express-News, Dothan Eagle, Dunkirk Observer, Amsterdam Recorder, The Republic, Connecticut Post and Adirondack Daily Enterprise.
- New York Daily News, "Fair deal for charters: Students who attend the independently run public schools should be treated like those who attend district schools," February 2.
- Times Union Capitol Confidential, "NYSUT: Elia’s presence at charter rally ‘sends the wrong message’," February 2.
- New York Daily News, "Charter school advocates get brief show of support from New York education head MaryEllen Elia, angering teachers union," February 2.
- POLITICO New York, "With minutes-long rally appearance, Elia reluctantly wades into charter fray," February 2.
- Times Union, "Elia's rally visit excites and irks," February 2.
- Time Warner State of Politics, "Education Commissioner’s Charter Rally Appearance Stirs Union," February 2.
- WHEC, "Charter school supporters rally in state capitol for more funding," February 2. Also appeared on Rochester Sun Times.
- New York Post, "Over 1,000 charter school kids rally in Albany for more money," February 2.
- Legislative Gazette, "Charter school families proud of accomplishments, lobby for more resources," February 6.
- Capitol Pressroom, "Feb. 2, 2016: NYSAC, Charter Advocacy Day, Fostering Youth Success Alliance, Quebec General Delegate," February 2.
- TWC News, "Charter School Families, Educators Push for Equal Funding in Albany," February 2.
- WBFO, "NYSED Commissioner appears at charter school rally," February 2.
- WNYT, "Charter school advocates rally for equal funding," February 2.
- TWC Capital Tonight, "Charter School Advocacy Day," February 2.
- WETM, "Charter Schools Rally in Albany For More State Aid," February 2.