Experienced Math Teacher Position: Middle School Grades 6, 7
About Capital Prep Harlem:
Capital Prep Harlem is a free, public charter school located in the neighborhood of Harlem, New York City serving grades 6th and 7th, with additional grades being added per year. We are part of the Capital Preparatory School Family providing instruction to grades 6–12 with a year-round, college preparatory education that develops lifelong learners, leaders, and agents of social change.
The Capital Prep Harlem mission is to provide historically disadvantaged students from Harlem with the college and career-readiness skills needed to become responsible and engaged citizens for social justice. In addition, we believe in:
- Creating a safe and enjoyable educational environment that encompasses our social justice model and that ensures every graduate moves on to attend college;
- Providing individualized instruction and enrichment opportunities for students to ensure that gifted students are challenged and struggling students are supported;
- Hiring and growing quality teachers and leaders and empowering them to use their craft to inspire students to achieve at the highest levels.
We are currently seeking a Middle School Math Teacher to provide high quality instruction to our students. The ideal candidate must possess a deep understanding of grade level subject area knowledge and the ability to deliver engaging lessons to produce student achievement.
Key Job Duties:
- Maintain and communicate high academic and personal expectations for all students.
- Incorporate a variety of instructional strategies, pedagogies, curricular tools and instructional strategies to engage students, keep classes focused and infuse a lasting desire to learn.
- Create and implement rigorous, standards-based, objective-driven lessons and assessments.
- Analyze data to adapt curriculum and target instruction to ensure students master standards.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and peers.
- Share accountability for content-area student performance.
Capital Prep Harlem Teacher qualifications:
- Team player and life-long learner
- Receptive to ongoing feedback
- Exemplary professional values
- Two years of teaching experience (preferred)
- Experience in analyzing data to drive instruction
- Commitment to student engagement and student success
- Bachelor degree, Graduate degree preferred
- NYS Certification- Middle School Generalist, Math Grades 7-12, Childhood Education 1-6
- Two years of teaching experience; previous experience as a Math teacher (desirable)
- Solid understanding of interdisciplinary teaching/learning, using math concepts.
Capital Prep Harlem offers a competitive compensation package including full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K). In addition to extensive professional development opportunities, our teachers are equipped with all necessary instructional supplies and technology.
To apply, contact:
Felicia D. SmithDirector, Talent Recruitment, email: email@example.com
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire and promote without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.