Founding Principal - Elementary School
The mission of Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School is to address the academic, social-emotional and developmental needs of its students in a safe, supportive and trauma-sensitive learning environment. Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School is committed to serving at-risk students, including students in foster care and students receiving preventive services. Through a rigorous program of instruction utilizing a trauma-informed, Sanctuary approach and by providing a wide range of wraparound support services, Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School will help each student become more resilient, independent and academically successful.
During its first five year contract, CMCCS will serve K-5th grade students, and thereafter, will expand through 8th grade. CMCCS will be a separate 501c3 education corporation which will work closely with Cardinal McCloskey Community Services. The school will open in August 2018.
The Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School Principal will serve as a central leadership figure within the school and is the instructional leader of the school. The Principal will work closely with, and report directly to the Board of Trustees. The Principal will be fully conversant with the Sanctuary Model and will lead the school in utilizing its principles. The Principal is the administrator and educational leader of the school and bears a responsibility for the continuous operation of the school and all matters that concern the school including student achievement.
- Responsible for the overall instructional program of the school, its development, delivery and assessment.
- Oversees the issues that concern the school as a whole and will facilitate communication and build consensus among teachers, staff and families in support of the school’s mission.
- Recruits and hires all staff.
- Maintains open communication with the school’s authorizer and is the liaison between SUNY’s Charter Schools Institute and the Charter School Board. Oversee production of all required reports to the school’s authorizer and submits reports subject to Board’s approval.
- In the first year, the Principal serves as special education and Title I coordinator as well as directly implements and oversees the ESL program. The Principal’s responsibilities will include observing, coaching and developing ELL teachers in Year One.
- Fosters a collaborative leadership culture and a shared decision making structure among the school’s leadership team which includes the Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Director of Special Student Services, Director of School Culture, Director of Operations and Parent and Community Relations Coordinator.
- Instrumental in developing a larger vision for the future direction of the school, in collaboration with the Board, while continuing to support and encourage the mission of Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School in its day to day operations.
- Ultimately responsible for integration of the Sanctuary Model throughout the school.
- Responsible for the success of all school programs and will ensure that the school is in compliance with its approved charter, board policies, appropriate governmental statues, its authorizer’s and NYSED regulations and all other applicable laws and regulations.
- Accountable for the attainment of student achievement goals for all students and for the school to achieve and maintain good standing designation by its authorizer as well as the continual renewal of its charter.
- Communicates the vision of the school to the public and the press and represents the school to parents, community leaders and the general public.
- Works with the school’s Parent Organization to ensure that parents and guardians are engaged in all aspects of the life of the school.
- Oversees and, with support of the Director of Operations and Office Manager, implements the parent outreach and student recruitment process.
- Works directly with the contracted accounting professionals and contracted bookkeeper (later a full time bookkeeper) to ensure financial stability, sound fiscal planning, effective asset management and full compliance with government and charter audit requirements.
Expected Qualifications and Training:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an educational or related organizational setting as a Principal or similar role, with a strong knowledge of leadership principles and practices gained through work experience and formal education;
- At least five years of experience as a teacher in an urban school environment with a high need student population with a demonstrated record of raising student achievement;
- New York State School Building Leader or School District Leader Certification preferred;
- Exceptional understanding of instructional practices including those related to delivery of instruction, development of curriculum and assessment of student performance;
- Exceptional speaking and writing skills;
- Experience overseeing programs for and teachers of Special Education and ELL students;
- Experience or familiarity with the Sanctuary Model and/or experience in a trauma-sensitive learning environment;
- Strong business and operational knowledge and skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an effective communicator and strong motivator;
- A visionary who is a strong and confident decision-maker;
- Facility with computer technology in gathering information and coordinating technical resources for students, teachers, and classrooms;
- Certification in the Danielson Framework for Teaching is preferred, but not required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Evergreen Charter School is
Seeking a Bilingual English/Spanish Principal
Evergreen Charter School
Hempstead, Long Island, NY
K-8 Charter School
A progressive charter school, promoting academic excellence and integrating the study of Spanish, arts and the environment.
We seek energetic, qualified candidates with previous successful school experience and a strong commitment to making a difference.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Young Women’s College Prep Charter School Principal
Young Women’s College Prep Charter School of Rochester (YWCP) was founded to provide families in Rochester, NY with an option for a public, single-gender secondary school focused on preparing every student for success in college. YWCP focuses on the whole girl, building academic skills, as well as critical social emotional skills, confidence and leadership. YWCP currently serves students in grades 7-12 and will graduate our first class of college-bound students in 2018. YWCP is an affiliate of the Young Women’s Leadership Network (YWLN), an entrepreneurial, results-driven nonprofit organization and national leader in girls’ education. To learn more, visit the YWLN website at: www.ywlnetwork.org.
YWCP is seeking a dynamic principal to lead our passionate, committed staff and the community of families supporting our young women on their path toward college. This individual will build upon and strengthen the school culture and continue to develop a team of teacher leaders to drive YWCP’s success. The principal will oversee the continued development of the school, including design and rollout of the full high school model.
The Principal will report to the Board of Trustees of YWCP and will be in close contact and collaboration with YWLN to assure the faithful implementation of their successful model for creating postsecondary opportunities for urban minority girls.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
In addition to a demonstrated passion for expanding educational opportunities for at-risk students, the successful candidate will have:
- At least 5 years of urban classroom teaching experience
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Three years of school-based administrative experience
- A demonstrated track record of increasing achievement of minority or low-income students
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit, develop and retain an excellent staff
- Proven experience developing and implementing youth development and social emotional models to meet our learners’ needs
- Outstanding skills in instructional leadership and professional development
- Ability to lead and manage a safe, supportive and rigorous school environment
- Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Eligibility for supervisory certification in the State of New York
- Knowledge of research-based educational practices for adolescent girls
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build a culture of safety, respect and belonging where students and adults all feel ownership for the school’s success
- Lead the YWCP instructional model designing curriculum, supporting teacher development and modeling excellence in instruction
- Monitor progress of all students through effective use of data and communication
- Design and execute effective family engagement plan, cultivating parents as partners in the education of their children
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to ensure the budget and operations of the school are effectively aligned to the priorities for student success
- Recruit, hire and supervise an effective team of faculty and staff
- Ensure compliance with all NYSED policies, rules and regulations
- Based on experience
- YWCP is a member of the New York State Teacher’s Retirement System
Please submit cover letter and resume by August 7, 2017 to email@example.com.
Young Women’s College Prep Charter School of Rochester (YWCP) is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender indemnity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.