Summary: The Communications Coordinator must be committed to and advocate for NBFA’s mission to provide students a meaningful, high-quality education through experience-based learning that helps develop essential social, emotional and critical-thinking skills. This gives all children a foundation to achieve their full potential at every stage of life. The Communications Coordinator will coordinate the media work needed to support the development efforts of the organization.
About New Beginnings Family Academy
Opened in September 2002 offering grades K-3, New Beginnings Family Academy (“NBFA”) now offers ten years of active and engaging learning experiences from Pre-K through 8th grade. NBFA is a tuition-free, public charter school, proudly distinguished by:
- A progressive educational model that weaves trauma-sensitive, emotionally responsive practice into every classroom
- Social emotional learning steeped in child development best practices
- Consistent, competitive high-school placement at such schools as Kolbe Cathedral, Hopkins and Fairfield Prep
NBFA is located on an “urban campus” at 184 Garden Street, Bridgeport, CT (within a mile of the University of Bridgeport and the beach at Seaside Park). NBFA is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workplace. NBFA respects, values and celebrates the unique attributes of all its stakeholders: employees, students, families and members of its Board of Directors.
NBFA employees thrive in a collaborative environment of thoughtful, self-reflective professionals on a mission to change the life outcomes of Bridgeport youth by helping to close the nefarious achievement gap. Our mission is to provide students a meaningful, high-quality education through experience-based learning that helps develop essential social, emotional and critical-thinking skills. This gives all children a foundation to achieve their full potential at every stage of life.
Specific duties include:
- Planning and executing marketing opportunities through media content to support the development office.
- Help to guide, draft and track media practices school-wide to promote cohesiveness
- Lead website structure, draft content, planning, maintenance and roll outs
- Coordinate and schedule social media postings for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other communication platforms that reach donors and other stakeholders.
- Create and capture story-telling moments throughout the year that can be converted into multi-purpose marketing and branding materials.
- Track, shape, and manage the organization’s digital footprint and online presence across media platforms.
- Continuously generate engaging content and reference materials fit for strategic dissemination to specific stakeholders.
- Production of strategic content and materials needed for donor and donor prospect engagement.
- Help to guide school-wide outreach practices needed to promote cohesiveness with existing donor outreach.
Certification, Knowledge and Skills: The Communications Coordinator must:
- Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years’ experience
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Have sound and audience-conscious writing skills
- Be able to plan, prioritize tasks and effectively manage time
- Have strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a cover letter and resume.