Position Title: New York Policy Intern
POSITION/JOB SUMMARY: The New York Policy Intern will report to the Network Director and will coordinate extensively with the New York State Director to support NECSN’s policy/political initiatives in the state.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The New York Policy Intern will work under the direction of the Network Director on the following:
- Mapping all charter schools in the state and tracking information about touchpoints with those schools;
- Updating information about New York State Charter schools and other stakeholders in an online tracking system;
- Attending meetings of the New York State Board of Regents and the SUNY Charter Schools Committee and providing updates on the bodies’ actions and discussion for NECNS leaders;
- Producing hard copy materials for legislative briefings and other meetings and convenings;
- Tracking revision, renewal, and new charter school applications throughout the state;
- Preparing Get out the Vote boxes for member schools, tracking which schools have received one, and working with schools on replenishing those boxes as needed.
- Creating a system for providing “Happy Birthday Voter Registration” kits for high school seniors;
- Providing member schools with additional services to support NECSN schools and their families in political advocacy; and
- Assisting with other initiatives to support NECSN’s political/policy work in New York State.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org