Young Women’s College Prep Charter School Principal
Young Women’s College Prep Charter School of Rochester (YWCP) was founded to provide families in Rochester, NY with an option for a public, single-gender secondary school focused on preparing every student for success in college. YWCP focuses on the whole girl, building academic skills, as well as critical social emotional skills, confidence and leadership. YWCP currently serves students in grades 7-12 and will graduate our first class of college-bound students in 2018. YWCP is an affiliate of the Young Women’s Leadership Network (YWLN), an entrepreneurial, results-driven nonprofit organization and national leader in girls’ education. To learn more, visit the YWLN website at: www.ywlnetwork.org.
YWCP is seeking a dynamic principal to lead our passionate, committed staff and the community of families supporting our young women on their path toward college. This individual will build upon and strengthen the school culture and continue to develop a team of teacher leaders to drive YWCP’s success. The principal will oversee the continued development of the school, including design and rollout of the full high school model.
The Principal will report to the Board of Trustees of YWCP and will be in close contact and collaboration with YWLN to assure the faithful implementation of their successful model for creating postsecondary opportunities for urban minority girls.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
In addition to a demonstrated passion for expanding educational opportunities for at-risk students, the successful candidate will have:
- At least 5 years of urban classroom teaching experience
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Three years of school-based administrative experience
- A demonstrated track record of increasing achievement of minority or low-income students
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit, develop and retain an excellent staff
- Proven experience developing and implementing youth development and social emotional models to meet our learners’ needs
- Outstanding skills in instructional leadership and professional development
- Ability to lead and manage a safe, supportive and rigorous school environment
- Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Eligibility for supervisory certification in the State of New York
- Knowledge of research-based educational practices for adolescent girls
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build a culture of safety, respect and belonging where students and adults all feel ownership for the school’s success
- Lead the YWCP instructional model designing curriculum, supporting teacher development and modeling excellence in instruction
- Monitor progress of all students through effective use of data and communication
- Design and execute effective family engagement plan, cultivating parents as partners in the education of their children
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to ensure the budget and operations of the school are effectively aligned to the priorities for student success
- Recruit, hire and supervise an effective team of faculty and staff
- Ensure compliance with all NYSED policies, rules and regulations
- Based on experience
- YWCP is a member of the New York State Teacher’s Retirement System
Please submit cover letter and resume by August 7, 2017 to email@example.com.
Young Women’s College Prep Charter School of Rochester (YWCP) is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender indemnity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.